Almost a year ago I wrote a blog called ” Say Goodbye To Incandscent Lighting.” I did do that , and so did many of my clients. Whether you are contemplating new construction or renovation , Light Emitting Diodes (LED) are getting more and more user – friendly each passing day. LED is nearly always the best solution for your lighting questions.
Here are some ways to introduce LED lighting into your home. And also why we go LED.
1, Under the cabinet lighting in kitchen and bar areas. LED strip lighting is great in both areas. It stays cool in temperature , and so then radiates none of the old heat that we felt from the halogen hockey puck lighting . LED strip lights are sleek , about the size of your finger , and they hide easily behind small moldings. Remember how bulky the old flourescent strip lights were? And , LEDs are dimmable so you can control the level of light needed.
2. Recessed cans. You can retro fit LED light bulbs into your existing recessed can apetures , and they can last up to 7 years. Think of how wonderful it is to rarely have to get up on a ladder and change a bulb! If you are starting a new home build , go all LED 4” recessed cans when possible. It creates a much cleaner looking ceiling elevation .
3. Color rendition. LED lights are no longer all blue looking. They have a full range of color renditions that will work wonderful in your home. Most of my clients prefer 2700 Kelvin (a white which is slightly warm) But some go onto 3000 K , a truer white that works great with blues , greens , and purples. The light emitted is cleaner , truer , and more like daylight than incandscent lighting which is often too yellow for most color schemes. Next time a bulb burns out in your lamp , screw in an LED.
4. As accent lights everywhere. Use LED as step lights to guide the way up stairs with subtle and yet serviceable beauty. Make your artwork pop with LED pin spots or picture frame lights . LED makes every color and texture stand out even more. It is great as pendant light and wall sconces as well.
5. Landscape. LED is the go to product for your landscape needs . For some time we have used LED solar powered batteries as path lights. Now turn to LED for all your outdoor lighting needs. Again they will last longer , and the color renditions available are great with your outdoors plantings.
6. The price keeps falling. All over the Globe nations are investing heavily in LED lighting as an Eco Friendly and Cost Efficient way to provide lighting both residentially and commercially. As more and more products become available and the competition in the industry increases , LED prices are falling into the realm of affordability for middle America.
LED lighting is needed somewhere in your home right now .It is clean , GREEN (Eco) , cool , efficient , and even cost effective. If you haven’t switched over yet , you are missing out on a better way to light up your life.
It is Monday , do you carry your own special light from within , or do you feel like turning your dimmer on when the weekend is over? Let your light glow like an LED bulb , longer , clearer , and future oriented.
Peggy Oberlin RID 4986